Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Try Something New Tuesday

I am having fun trying some new things, so I thought I would share some of them with you. This week it is a new recipe. Next week....you'll just have to wait and see!

I tried a new recipe...a Lasagna Recipe...where the noodles weren't precooked.  That really intrigued me and I just had to give it a try, mostly because I hate waiting on water to boil.  Especially a big pot  for lasagna noodles.  Also, I've been feeling a little brave lately, so I tried changing it up a bit.  No, I am not very adventurous in the kitchen.

Here's the original recipe from Little Praire Living,  It's called "Stretch a Buck Lasagne."

I added a few healthier choices.  I substituted ground turkey for the ground beef and fat-free cottage cheese instead of the regular cottage cheese.  I used a combination of mozzarella, cheddar and mexican cheese, literally cleaning out the fridge of all the leftover bits. Other than that I followed her recipe pretty closely and guess what? I got a thumbs up from the whole family!!! Hubby loved the turkey substitution, which I didn't mention to the teen.  Teen loved the cheesy goodness and I loved the easy preparation.  The uncooked noodles were perfectly tender but not mushy and the whole process was pain-free! I didn't take any photos because I couldn't hold 'em back!  This one will go in the Turpin Tested notebook for future use.

No comments:

Google Search Results