Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Cutie Pie and a Delicious Soup!


First, let me show off my darling granddaughter sporting the pumpkin knit hat I have in my store. It is great for those fall photo shoots or a day out in the park. Click on the photo to take you to the store.

Second, most of you who know me well, know that I am not a cook. But from time to time, I try to do better and cook a meal or two. Today I have prepared a wonderful crock pot chowder. If you are a fan of Chunky's Creamy Chicken Corn Chowder, then you should try this recipe. I found it on the web here, but I'll repost the recipe for you as well. My only comments about the prep are that you should dice you potatoes pretty small. Mine were not completely done in the six hour time frame. They took another hour to get edible. I used frozen carrots that were sliced instead of diced and they worked fine. It think it would not have crusted on the sides if I had been home to stir it but even the crusty bits were good!

Crock Pot Chicken Chowder Recipe

½ cup chopped carrots
1 cup skim milk
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/8 teaspoon white pepper
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 potato, peeled and cubed
½ lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1" pieces
2, 15 oz. cans creamed corn
¼ cup dried potato flakes
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Combine all ingredients except dried potato flakes and cheese in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender and chicken thoroughly cooked. Add potato flakes and stir well to combine.

No comments:

Google Search Results