Friday, April 8, 2011

This week on the DET

It is so much fun being back on the DET at my favorite online home, Digital Scrapbook Place. I have made several layouts this week and I will share them with you in a moment.

First, congrats to my friend and DET alumni, Jeanet Almhøj. Jeanet and I served together on DET 8. She is such an inspiring scrapper and I am so excited that she is now designing for DSP. Check out her store items here and her fabulous layout gallery here.

Now, to the layouts!





















My sweet niece Lauren and her fiance, Jonathan as he popped the question at Disney World.

Credits:
Minty Fresh Page Kit by Christine Gundersen























I have been waiting on a gold and blue cheer kit and the Sports CD has it! Yeah! I love the sparkly elements! It was perfect for my daughter’s squad photo.

Credits:
Lets Go Cheer Page Kit (Scraps of Fun: Sports CD) by Carole Hardin























This year I am "attempting" to do a layout each week that will record our year. So far, I'm miserably behind. I love the blue hues in this fabulous kit and I'll be using it again for my P52 layouts.

Credits:
Tranquil Tones Page Kit by Lauren Bavin























Teal blue is one of my favorite colors. It reminds me of the white sand and gorgeous ocean water off the coast of Florida. Lauren’s kit, Contemporary Tones was the perfect fit for some beach sunrise photos.

Credits:
Contemporary Tones Page Kit by Lauren Bavin























The minute I saw CarolAnn’s Urban Station Value Collection, I was in love! I love the grungy, heart of the city feel it has. Earlier this week during a power outage I snapped some photos using a cross-section filter on my camera to make the candlelight sparkle. The photos and the old world accents in this kit were a perfect combination.

Notes:
I enlarged the overlay and the two lightest background papers to use the lightest portions of these papers. I placed the brick paper (60 % opacity) over the light plaster paper and blended them together. I also flipped the Grungy Dots and used them in the corner behind my title. I lowered their opacity as to not compete with the title. The rest of the elements were used as is from the kit.

Journaling:
Storms rolled through Nashville today and we lost our electricity for about 7 hours. Savannah and I stopped for fast food on the way home, from a couple of places that still had power. We ate dinner and watched the sun sink behind the horizon. We lit the candles and grabbed the Uno Tippo game. We played for a while, but it is hard to tell the difference between the blue cards and the green cards by candlelight. We bored of the card game and decided to tackle folding the laundry. We laughed that we hoped the socks matched. After that I settled into check my email on my Blackberry and Savannah played a few games on her iPhone. Savannah had enough battery on her laptop to charge her iPhone when it ran low. And that was how technology met candlelight!

Credits:
Urban Station Value Collection by CarolAnn Gray






















I Love You Man by Marcee Duggar is an awesome kit for all the guys in your life. These are the guys in my life: hubby, 2 grandsons and a SIL. I paired it with Love To Overlap Quick Click template by Carole Harden.

Notes:
I used the template as is. The only changes I made was to add a screen overlay at 100% to the Red Decay paper. It was a little darker than I wanted and the screen complimented the orange in my photo! Everything else is just layered and grouped.

Journaling:
Ron, Brady, Brooks and Walt riding the range at Latimer.
12.2010

Credits:
I Love You Man Value Collection by Marcee Duggar
Love To Overlap QC by Carole Harden

No comments:

Google Search Results